Monday, June 25, 2012

Experiment 3
Final Submission



Facebook Logo














the input key is 'p' :)




Reflection
Because we were give less restriction with this experiment, I didn’t quite know where I could start, or when I was finished. At first I could not draw relations between the H shapes and the final submission, but I looked at my drawings, modelled those, and proceeded from there. Some Hs I kept, others I warped into a circular looking H.
I found the flow graphs quite fun. It was satisfying to see when hard work paid off and something would move. It was, however, very frustrating when I couldn’t find what was going off. If I had more time, I would have created more movement with the elevators. Because of the valley depth, I tried to create very fast elevators about 40 m/s, however the player kept falling straight through the platform and dying. Grudgingly, I had to slow down the elevators to 5 m/s which would guarantee the player’s survival, but it meant that they took a very very very long time to reach their destinations. When I did the Facebook flowgraph, I knew that there would be an easier method, but I wanted to be able to see everything clearly in case there would be something wrong.
I do think I could have done more with the terrain, but I was more focused on completing the models and get the flow graph going.
Overall, as an engineering student, I think this course has enabled me to gain some design process skills and to see architectural concepts and how to gain inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment